Monday, September 19, 2005

Liberation Makes Sense

Liberation is the key to happiness; isn’t it? Almost anything a person can say is only partially true. A certain amount of liberation is a really good thing. Too much or too little of it is not. As a retired person I should have lots of liberation. I am free to read and write here every morning, but sometimes I feel duties calling me. The car needs to be washed; a check needs to go to the bank; pruning needs to be done out in the yard; ad infinitum. Now is my time to do my own thing, but I feel a nap coming on.
In deciding to become a vegetarian years ago, I asserted my independence from social conditioning. In deciding recently to become vegan, I asserted it some more. My cardiologist told me that if I had not turned vegetarian, I might well have not survived the heart attack I had in 1991. Since I turned vegan (mostly), I have been feeling better and have quit taking my antacid medicine. I am having a longer and better life by becoming liberated from the norms of my surroundings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home