Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Woman President?

I think we have another revolution in process. The roles of women in our society are changing again; or at the least, we are giving a great deal of thought to changing their roles. Both Democrats and Republicans are thinking somewhat about running a woman for U.S. President. This week’s issue of Newsweek is devoted to the leadership of women.
Many of us believe that if women were in charge we would have a kinder and less violent world; but, if women were in charge would they continue to be kind and gentle? Or, would they be corrupted by the power? For positions of power, I think that we have to choose not only the best qualified, but the candidates that have a kinder and less violent philosophy and attitude, whatever their race or gender.
GWB was never my choice for president; but I have to admit that he gives women a chance, even sometimes going against political birds of his own flock. He may not be a philosopher or intellectual, but just maybe his attitude toward women is forged by the fact that he is the father of daughters. Don’t we all want what is best for those we love most?
I am the father of one son and two daughters, and the grandfather of one granddaughter and three grandsons. I believe that this fact has a big effect on my attitude and philosophy. I want what is best for both men and women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home