Saturday, May 30, 2009

Marvelous Children

“If only I knew then what I know now.” How often have we heard people say this? These days we often hear people speak of their children or grandchildren in this way. “He (or she) knows things that she (or he) was never taught.” Or, they might say, “My grandchild is more intuitive than I remember kids of my generation being.” Something we hear even more often, “If you want to know something about a computer, ask young children and not adults.” What can we conclude from these observations?

I believe that more than one thing is going on. Modern Christians are taught that there is no such thing as reincarnation, but Hindus, some Buddhists, and I all believe that we have lived before, and that it is possible to carry knowledge or skills over from one life to the next. It has been shown that Oriental persons have IQs higher than the average American Caucasian or Black people. The Oriental people are more likely to have the expectation of knowledge and skill being carried forward.

It is likely that a baby being born into life now did not experience computers in his or her past life. This brings forth something that more of us believe than believe in past lives. It is “intuition.” The dictionary defines this in a few different ways, but basically, it is knowing something without being taught. This explains, as an example, why children under ten years of age can learn a second language much faster than teens or adults.

Perhaps I should just say that that children come up with are just mystery, but I prefer to speculate on what it actually is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home