Saturday, December 03, 2005

Discovered in Introspection

My Dear Friends:
My message to the world is this: Be kind and compassionate, and stop fighting over dogma and doctrines.
There are people who are kind and compassionate, but only to people of their own race, politics, or religion, so I have another message for the world. Accept diversity.
Our church fairly well follows my messages for the world. The church didn’t sell me on these ideas; I chose the church because it follows my message. Still, I am not entirely sold on Unity; but it is the best Christian church that I have ever encountered. If I didn’t have to satisfy my wife’s spiritual needs along with my own, I would probably go Buddhist. Unity is a compromise for us. This marriage runs on compromises, and so should the rest of the world.
I heard a man arguing against torture on TV yesterday. He used the words, “You can catch more flies with honey…” I tend to think that if I were tortured and survived it, I’d spend the rest of my life trying to get even. I think that evil doers would corrupt me and I’d become one of them in spite of my present orientation toward kindness and compassion. I would try to return to my kind and compassionate ways, but it would not be easy.
Even if there were not a Golden Rule, it is a fact that people will respond to kindness with kindness and will respond to pain and humiliation with retaliation. Kindness and compassion are the best policy. I say this from a strictly secular position.
It occurs to me that the best way to get people to be kind and compassionate is not by telling them to be, but by treating them with kindness and compassion, and being polite. People will also like you better if you have a positive mental attitude. What brings peace to our world is also what it takes to be successful in business. Treat people in a way that will make them like you. Sincerely, Albert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home