Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Who is screwing up America?

I was shopping at Sam’s Club today and stopped by the book department. They do sell books at about half of list price, so I don’t know anyplace better to shop for books. I also own Wal-Mart stock, which also prompts me to shop there. I liked fellow liberal Al Franken until the day he spent his whole 3-hour radio program trashing Wal-Mart. Anyhow, to get back to the point, there was a book on sale there called “100 People Who Are Screwing Up America.” I flipped through it and best I could tell it was just another conservative propaganda piece. It named a number of black people and put Michael Moore at the #1 spot. It really irritated me when he named Jimmy Carter. I, of course, did not buy that piece of trash, and came directly home to start my own list. Several names came quickly to mind, but then I thought. I don’t want to be like the propagandists! We Americans need to stop trashing each other and start thinking about the problems that we need to solve. Let us leave behind conservative and liberal and work for a better America together. There must be a third way. Here is a challenge to all bloggers: Can you think of a third way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home