Sunday, August 21, 2005

Jesus

One fellow who went about preaching compassion, love, and caring, Jesus of Nazareth, is getting his name dragged into the fundamentalist talk. If he were around today, I believe he would reject fundamentalism as I do.
If I were going to go out preaching today, I would advise people to think accurately for themselves and care about other people. I’d say, pick up pad and pen and write your own script. Shakespeare was right, “the entire world is a stage…” Do as I do. Do more writing than reading. Writing is insight meditation. Do more meditating than praying. Listen to God more than you talk to Him/Her. Those who are enlightened will not cling tightly to any doctrine. Native Americans have their vision quests; they go out to experience enlightenment. In so doing they are learning from the Great Spirit rather than from fallible humans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home